Sunday 23 October 2011

Day 141, 2011/09/19

It was not a particularly pleasant evening's sleep. I was in a hostel with four other guys. That is not necessarily a problem however, for the guy who was sleeping closets to me. He woke me on several occasions by hitting me and speaking in French. Eventually, after the umpteenth time that he had woken me, I asked in English what the problem was. He said I was keeping him awake with my snoring! I was unaware of the fact that I was such a loud snorer!! I really do not know why people choose to stay in hostels, and share rooms with people when, they are such lite sleepers. But hey, what do I know!!
Anyway, I am up early because I have a fairly long days riding. I need to get to Brussels in Belgium today. The road will take me via Luxembourg to Brussels.
The weather at least is far more pleasant today, it may be cold but at least there is no rain. The riding is very pleasant and I manage to arrive in the early afternoon. After finding my hostel, which happens to be right next to Grand Place, I make way do find a good local meal. The local meal, is a lovely big bowl of mussels with chips and mayo!! WOW!!! Well worth riding all this distance, just to have that. And, just to make sure it all gets washed down well, I have couple of Belgium fruit beers.


Day 141, 2011/09/19

No comments:

Post a Comment