Sunday 23 October 2011

Day 139, 2011/09/17

I have made many inquiries into the costs of shipping my bike back to South Africa. Unfortunately, my bike now has sentimental value, and even thou it may have almost no monetary, I have decided to ship it back to South Africa. I have done research into the costs of shipping it back and discovered that, the cheapest option is a company specializing in motorcycle transport called James Cargo. The only thing is that, they are based in London. Not necessarily a problem I guess, I have crossed Africa, Europe in theory should be a lot easier. Also, the difference in cost between shipping it from Genoa, in Italy or, shipping it from London in the UK would most probably be equivalent to my travel costs to London.
So in the end, the decision has become a no brainer and, I have decided to travel to London and have my bike shipped back from there.
That would add addition approximately 1500 km to my journey. Why the hell not!
It is with that decision made that I decide to make my way across Europe to London.
Today would require a 500 km ride via Ancona, Bologna all the way to Piacensa.


Day 139, 2011/09/17

No comments:

Post a Comment