Saturday 22 October 2011

Day 133 2011/09/11

It is time to hit the road again. I have now been in Cinte for almost 10 days, and the tranquility has been great however, I am itching to get going again.
I have to travel approximatly 500 km today. The heading is South, via Bologna, Ancona to Alba Adriatica in Abruzzo. I have managed to find a lovely inexpensive hotel, close to where my mom comes from in the Marche. It is closet the beach so, some R&R is on the cards.
It is Sunday, so I hope to avoid any major traffic issues, especially in and around Bologna.
The early rise, together with the high mountain air makes for some chilly riding initially. Autumn is clearly on it's way.
The ride is lovely and relaxing. Almost all of it on lovely highways means I am able to travel maintain a good average speed and overtaking is not a problem.
Hotel Clara, has this bright pink facade and it is easy to find. My room has aircon which, in this hot humid place is a necessity and, even my bike has off street, secure parking. What else can a biker ask for!
After lunch and an afternoon siesta, I eventually find my way to the beach for a lovely long walk along the beach.
Day 133, 2011/09/11

No comments:

Post a Comment